Friday, May 18, 2018

You Light up My Life

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with the lighthouse element from the inspiration photo to create this design using stamps from Paper Smooches.

You Light Up My Life card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I started out by using a yellow distress ink to ink a yellow triangle on to a white panel.  After masking the triangle shape, I filled in the rest of the panel with blue distress ink to get the look of a night sky with a glowing light.  I probably should have used a cloud stencil for the ink to add more depth to the panel ...  Once I was done inking the panel, I adhered two torn strips of kraft cardstock to the bottom of the panel to serve as sand.  The lighthouse image from the Smoocheroos set was colored with Copic markers and cut out by hand, then adhered to the panel using foam tape.  I positioned it so that the beacon of light appears to be coming from the light house.  The panel was edged with a contrasting narrow red cardstock strip, then adhered to a dark blue card base.

 Materials Used:
Smoocheroos stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Faded Jeans and Mustard Seed distress inks (Ranger); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Navy cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so cute, Lori! That wee lighthouse is adorable and your beam of light is such a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips