Friday, March 23, 2018

Happy Birthday to Moo

Happy Birthday to Moo card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used the sketch for a punny farm themed birthday design.  The images are from Lawn Fawn's new Hay There stamp set.  I made a simple scene on a round blue panel using the set's cow and barn image.  The scene was adhered to a pair of layered red panels.  A length of red grosgrain ribbon from my scrap pile was adhered across the top red gingham panel to add some texture to the design.  I adhered the panels to a slightly darker blue panel for a contrasting background.

For the sentiment, I stamped "happy birthday to moo" on a narrow red cardstock strip and adhered it beneath the cow.  The speech bubble "moo" was a last minute addition to the design.  Once that was in place, I adhered the finished panel to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Hay There stamp set, Hay There dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/
IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Brocade Blue and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips