Saturday, February 17, 2018

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamp from Verve Stamps
Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I let one of Verve's fabulous sentiments do most of the work on this one.  I stamped the sweet Plain Jane image in navy pigment ink on a light blue cardstock circle, then matted the sentiment on a slightly larger silver circle.  I'm trying to use up some of my older patterned paper stash, so I dug out an old baby themed paper pad and found a star patterned paper to use to cover most of the light blue card base.  After layering a pair of navy and yellow cardstock strips rescued from my scrap pile at the right side of the panel, I adhered the matted sentiment on top.  A trio of silver sequins, matching the sentiment's star theme, were arranged around the sentiment panel to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Little Star Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Rain and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Itsy Bitsy 8x8 paper pad (K & Company); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver sequins

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! So sweet - what a fabulous combination of colours and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips