Thursday, February 22, 2018

Rose Gold Birthday Blooms

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with the color scheme and floral elements of the inspiration photo for this birthday design.

Rose Gold Birthday Blooms card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink
I loved the pretty pinky-salmon-peach shade of the flowers in the inspiration photo.  To bring that in to my design, I die cut a pair of flowers from the closest shade of cardstock I had in my stash.  I stamped the coordinating image from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms II stamp set on the flowers in watermark ink, then embossed the image with rose gold embossing powder.  So pretty!  The flowers were adhered to a kraft panel using foam tape. I did more rose gold embossing on the fishtail flag strip with the birthday sentiment.  After adding it on top of the flowers, I accented the panel with a pair of coppery sequins.  The kraft panel was edged with a narrow strip of cardstock matching the flowers, then adhered to a gray card base.

Materials Used:
Beautiful Blooms II and Keep It Simple:  Birthday stamp sets, Melon Berry and Kraft cardstock, Beautiful Blooms II #1 dies (Papertrey Ink); Versamark ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Rose Gold embossing powder (Lawn Fawn); copper sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips