Tuesday, October 17, 2017

You've Got the Write Stuff

You've Got the Write Stuff card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink
Yesterday was Boss's Day, so I created this writing themed card for my team to give to our supervisor to mark the occasion.  Since I work on the literacy team in an elementary curriculum office, the writing theme was a perfect fit!  The layout is based on the current sketch at Match the Sketch.  I stretched the layout's rectangle panel to fit the trio of die cut pencils I created with Papertrey Ink's Pencil Me In dies.  I arranged the pencils on a manuscript alphabet patterned paper, then tucked a red half circle under the edge of one of the pencils.  The red is a nice contrast against the yellow pencils and gray background panel.  I adhered the panel to a kraft card base, then added a pale gray strip stamped with the "you've got the write stuff" sentiment on top.  A silver strip was positioned slightly offset behind the sentiment to highlight it.  I accented it with a trio of red enamel dots for one final pop of bold color.

Materials Used:
Pencil Me In stamp set, Harvest Gold cardstock Pencil Me In dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Insulation Pink cardstock (My Favorite Things); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Studious 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); circle die (Spellbinders); red enamel dots (Doodlebug Design)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips