Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Hibiscus


photo credit: tumblr.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

Hibiscus Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
Here's my take on the challenge.  Those vivid red flowers from the inspiration picture were what caught my eye, so I wanted to be sure to include something similar in my design.  I created a pair of red flowers using hibiscus stamps from a SugarPea Designs stamp set.  The images were cut out with the matching dies, then used them to dress up a wreath made from swirlie die cuts. I layered several of the swirlie die cuts to give my wreath dimension.  I adhered the wreath to a soft blue cardstock panel over a narrow strip of orange cardstock.  The flowers and leaves were arranged along the right side of the wreath. 

For the sentiment, I die cut the word "hello" from the SugarPea Designs Chatterbox Journal Card die set from both red cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the two die cuts, I adhered them to the orange strip.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base.


Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Hibiscus for the challenge details and to play along with us! 

Materials Used:
Funky Wreath-Spring Additions stamp set, Funky Wreath-Spring Additions and Chatterbox Journal Card dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Luxe Morocco and Memento Lady Bug and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); pigment ink (Avery Elle); Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Swirlies dies (Reverse Confetti); craft foam; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Love the layout and the wreath with hibiscus! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty wreath! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips