Thursday, May 25, 2017

Springtime Hello

Here's my card for the current Lawnfawnatics spring themed inspiration challenge.  I don't have any floral stamps or dies from Lawn Fawn, so I used the color palette as the starting point for my design.

Spring Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn FawnI created a springtime scene featuring the bunny from the Yay Kites! stamp set.  I colored up the bunny with Copic markers and cut out the colored image, then added some white flock to the tail to make it a cotton-tailed bunny.  Too cute!  The bunny was adhered to a blue card base with a green die cut "hill" at the bottom.  To bring in the floral element from the inspiration collage, I stamped one of the set's kite images on a scrap of floral paper.  After cutting it out I used foam tape to set it on the blue card base over sun and cloud die cuts that I made with the Sunny Skies set.  The set's scripty "hello" sentiment was stamped near the bottom of the card to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Yay Kites! stamp set, Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Green Acres cardstock (WPlus9); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I love this happy card! It's a perfect Spring design! So happy you joined us Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips