Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Bold Bright Birthday

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used some MFT stamps, dies, and papers to put this birthday card together in just a few short minutes.

Happy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I covered most of a red card base with an angled rainbow striped panel of patterned paper from the Birthday Blowout pad. The angled space was filled in with a contrasting yellow cardstock panel.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "happy" using the Celebrate die set.  The word "birthday" from the Essential Sentiments set was stamped beneath the die cut word.  I placed the die cut and stamped strip on the cardfront on an angle, trimming the edges flush with the edges of the patterned paper panel.  For a fun accent, I arranged a trio of contrasting yellow enamel dots on the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Birthday Blowout 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); yellow enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips